Yet another example showing that enjoying the outdoors does not necessarily need to be an expensive endeavor. In fact, in many instances gear and equipment can be acquired and/or made for cheap… or even free. This video illustrates this belief by utilizing items found at a local thrift store to make a durable, lightweight cook kit at a total cost of under 4 bucks. This DIY cook set contains:
– Stainless Steel Cook Pot (3 1/2 cup capacity)
– Custom DIY Cook Pot Lid
– Nested Stainless Steel Cup with Lip Guard (1 cup capacity)
– Homemade Double-Wall Alcohol Stove
– 2oz. Fuel Bottle
– Ultra Lightweight Stuff Sack
By simply using a bit of creativity and ingenuity this concept can easily be adapted to pretty much any type of gear for nearly any outdoor activity, whether it be backpacking, hiking, bushcraft, etc…..
* This video is in response to a “tag” by YouTube user BushcraftGeek. He issued the challenge of finding items at a local second hand store, garage sale, or even your own basement, and then using a bit of creativity to “re-purpose” them in a manner other than their original intended use… all for as inexpensively as possible. I’d love to see what you come up with my friends!